Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Finally got a decent night of racing (Read 682 times)
496sierra

I Love the NATC

Finally got a decent night of racing
Oct 3rd, 2016 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Hi my name is Eric and I have been on this site alot when I was looking for headers last year for my truck that I was swapping a 496 into my 1991 GMC Sierra rcsb 2wd. Anyways I decided to finally make a post.

I did a little racing street racing last night. When I arrived at the area where every body gathers and seen a newer f150 lightning and called him out for a Race and we agreed on a 40 roll and I left him pretty bad then we  raced again from a 30 and same results. He claimed it was pretty much stock so kinda sucked but I was happy to beat up a lightning.

IP Logged

496sierra

I Love the NATC

Re: Finally got a decent night of racing
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2016 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Second vehicle I raced was a ls1 camaro with a 6 speed with cam and full exhaust some others bolt ons and a tune he was claiming 377hp at the wheels. We raced from a 40, 50 and a 25 he beat me both at 40 and 50 by a car length not sure how fast we were going since speedometer goes to 85 but wrapped all the way back around to 45. On the 25 amazingly I hooked a lil in first and I stayed ahead of him by a fender until we let off sometime after 85mph.

The next vehicle I raced was my buddies 08 Nissan 350z pretty much stock he just wanted to mess around on some back roads so we did several runs to 80 from a dead stop and I would leave him like he was standing still except when I spun in first to bad then he would get a car ahead of me and I would run him down and blow by him.

On my way home I seen about a 2005 mustang gt , a dodge neon srt4  and a dodge caliber srt4 going to race on some two lane back roads. So I followed them for a mile and we pulled in to a gas station and I asked the guy driving the mustang who was the fastest and he said the caliber was so I asked if he wanted to race my truck and after a little back and forth translating since they were Mexicans and some didn't know English I got a race lined up with the caliber and he wanted to do a 40 roll so we agreed I let him do the honking and he pulled up next behind me and all I heard was his car spooling the crap out of the turbo he honked three times and I beat him by over 10 cars till I let off . Then I started heading home and the guy with mustang cought up to me and wanted to race and we were going about 20 and my truck kicked down to first and started smoking the tires and the mustang got out about a car and a half on me and I peddled it a couple times started hooking in second gear and went right around by about 2 cars then I left off to turn into my neighborhood .

All in all I had a really good time and was glad to get some runs in. Never did get a chance to et my truck this year.

My truck is a black 1991 gmc sierra. I removed the stock TBI 350. it has a 4/6 drop and swapped in a 496 stroker with brodix heads, edlbrock performer air gap intake , aed 850 and it made 540 hp 567ftlbs on the engine dyno. My tranny is a mild but 700r4 with a small stall and stock rear end with 3.08 gears and a spool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint