Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Factory center console question (Read 918 times)
Wgrainy

I Love the NATC

Factory center console question
Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
New to the forum. Going to look at a 91 tomorrow. It has a center console with cloth on it. New to these cars. Tried to look up some info on originality but couldnt find much.

Was that a factory option or did the all come plastic only?

Thanks ahead

IP Logged

floman

I Love the NATC

Re: Factory center console question
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
All of the factory consoles would be plastic color matched to the interior color.

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2019 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I saw a '90 at auction this past weekend at the OCMD Endless Cruise-in that had a cloth center console.  This console was wider than the plastic-only console that I have in my '90. 

The '90 that I saw at auction also had bucket seats which had an adjustable center headrest.  Seats had inflatable air-bladder lumbar.  The rest of the truck wasn't customized and the seat cloth and texture was the same as my base-seats.

My thought is that these trucks had some sort of deluxe interior package available?

80% Original paint and Flowmaster-- that's it!

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2019 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
I saw a '90 at auction this past weekend at the OCMD Endless Cruise-in that had a cloth center console.  This console was wider than the plastic-only console that I have in my '90. 

The '90 that I saw at auction also had bucket seats which had an adjustable center headrest.  Seats had inflatable air-bladder lumbar.  The rest of the truck wasn't customized and the seat cloth and texture was the same as my base-seats.

My thought is that these trucks had some sort of deluxe interior package available?

IP Logged

Nasty_Z
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Seats and console were likely transferred from another make / model into the truck you saw , or were aftermarket . 

High back cloth buckets with color keyed center console was the factory fare for the 454SS . Seats had recline function but no adjustable lumbar and the console was molded and color keyed to the interior color.

TOM

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Should have mentioned earlier... someone got a steal on the one that sold at auction this past weekend:  $5,800 and 88k miles.  Body is straight and the entire truck looked like it was well taken care of.

I'm thinking maybe RV seats with the high back adjustable headrest seats.  It wasn't a headrest style seat per se.. only the center portion would raise up or down.  The console was wider than the standard console in these trucks.

This is the VIN:  1GCDC14N5LZ189586

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Should have mentioned earlier... someone got a steal on the one that sold at auction this past weekend:  $5,800 and 88k miles.  Body is straight and the entire truck looked like it was well taken care of.

I'm thinking maybe RV seats with the high back adjustable headrest seats.  It wasn't a headrest style seat per se.. only the center portion would raise up or down.  The console was wider than the standard console in these trucks.

This is the VIN:  1GCDC14N5LZ189586

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Did a VIN photo search and found a listing for this truck in NC... no interior photos.. but, you can get an idea of the seat config from this one:

IP Logged

EricVonHa

'90 SS

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2019 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Did a VIN photo search and found a listing for this truck in NC... no interior photos.. but, you can get an idea of the seat config from this one:

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/uploads/photoalbum/1990-chevrolet-ck-1500-454-s...

Anyhow, image not showing above, but if you copy/paste this into your browser, this will show you what I'm talking about where the center section of the seat raises and lowers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint